- B.S. in Mathematics, University of Illinois, Champaign / Urbana (1999).
- B.A. in Philosophy, University of Illinois, Champaign / Urbana (1999).
- M.A. in Philosophy, University of Texas, Austin (2002).
Philosophy of Science; Philosophy of Biology; Environmental Philosophy; Logical Empiricism; Philosophy of Mathematics; Modal and Mathematical Logic; Formal Epistemology.
- Dissertation: "The Stability, Complexity, Diversity Debate of Theoretical Community Ecology: A Philosophical Analysis."
- Justus, J., Fuller, T., and Sarkar, S. (in press), Influence of Representation Targets on the Total Area of Conservation Area Networks. Conservation Biology. [pdf]
- Justus, J. (in press), Ecological and Lyapunov Stability. Philosophy of Science. [pdf]
- Justus, J. (in press), Complexity, Diversity, Stability. In Sarkar, S. and Plutynski, A. (eds.) A Companion to Philosophy of Biology. Malden, MA: Blackwell.
- Justus, J. 2006. Loop Analysis and Qualitative Modeling: Limitations and Merits. Biology and Philosophy 21: 647-666. [pdf]
- Justus, J. 2006. Cognitive Significance. In Sarkar, S. and Pfeifer, J. Eds. The Philosophy of Science: An Encyclopedia. New York, NY: Routledge Press.
- Garson, J. and Justus, J. 2006. Conservation Biology. In Sarkar, S. and Pfeifer, J. Eds. The Philosophy of Science: An Encyclopedia. New York, NY: Routledge Press.
- Justus, J. 2005. "Qualitative Scientific Modeling and Loop Analysis." Philosophy of Science 72: 1272-1286. [pdf]
- Sarkar, S., Justus, J., Fuller, T., Kelley, C., Garson, J., and Mayfield, M. 2005. Effectiveness of Estimator Surrogates for the Selection of Conservation Area Networks. Conservation Biology 19: 815825. [pdf]
- Justus, J. 2004. Review of [Searching for Sustainability: Interdisciplinary Essays in the Philosophy of Conservation Biology]. Philosophy of Science 71: 232235. [pdf]
- Journal of Biosciences: 2002. Special Issue on Biodiversity Conservation. Vol. 27. (edited with Sahotra Sarkar)
- Justus, J. and Sarkar, S. 2002. The Principle of Complementarity in the Design of Reserve Networks to Conserve Biodiversity: A Preliminary History. Journal of Biosciences 27: 421 435. [pdf]
- Justus, J. 2002. Taking Stock of Conservation Biology: Old Problems and New Directions. Bioscience 52: 854 856. [pdf]